Who we Are

Monday, May 2

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels but have not love... I am nothing. 2 Corinthians 13

Dear BestFriend: Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what your gonna get. Some are suprisingly delicious and some are absolutely disgusting. Some leave you with a sweet aftertaste and some you end up spitting out. Today: was a day I would rather spit out.

You will just be waking up about right now in Korea. Another day. Fresh opportunities. A second chance to do it right. I guess I understand why some really really like sunrises. Me and you? We'd rather stick with the sunsets. Remember college? Sleeping till late. Waking up to True Blood, Quesadillas, and Cola. So unsustainable and so good. I sometimes miss those days. Sometimes.

Today was particularly rough at work. So you know what I did? At lunch I closed my office door, blared Hillsong United, and prayed. Some of the prayer was intelligible and some was understandable. All of it was from the epicenter of my soul. I love speaking in the language of men and angels. Even though I don't have the gift of interpretation, God knows and my spirit is uplifted. It says in the Bible that not even Satan can understand this secret language we have with God. It also says that the holy spirit advocates for us. Often, I find that when I don't know what to say to God, I pray through the spirit and He speaks for me to God. He knows exactly what I need and prays on my behalf. How cool is that. This gospel we believe is powerful and true. My guts out worship session was the most peaceful part of my day. My prayer BestFriend is that you can experience a depth of communication with God that rocks you to your core. It. Will. Change. Your. Life.

Sister Eagle to Sister Bear - Over & Out

No comments:

Post a Comment